Saturday 5 January 2013

I Love Lacto-Free!

As you may have gathered from the previous posts, being lactose free can be a bit of a pain and generally causes mild issues when eating out, leaves you with reduced options for meals etc etc. 

However, I wanted (early on in my blog) to highlight the wonderful brand I have discovered since becoming LF, which has saved Mr LFL and I some real problems when cooking meals. 

When diagnosed as lactose-intolerant, I tried lots of "free-from" foods (some of which may well be reviewed at a later date) and "dairy-free dairy foods" - such as soya milk. I know lots of people get on really well with soya milk, but it just wasn't for me! I didn't like the taste and it doesn't work in the same way as milk when used in recipes. 

It was with great delight, therefore, that I discovered the amazing lactofree range (www.lactofree.co.uk). These fantastic people take normal, nice tasting dairy products, and remove the lactose using an enzyme so that the products taste almost identical but don't make any poor lactose free soul ill. 

There is a whole range of products - from milk to cream to cheese, ice-cream, yogurts. The milk, cream, cheese etc tastes just as you would expect "normal" dairy foods to taste (Mr LFL deems it marginally sweeter), and acts as "normal" dairy would when used in recipes. It is slightly more expensive than regular dairy products, but well worth it for the lactose free people among us!

I will be posting more at a later date about the individual products, recipes, availability but wanted to highlight now how great they are and how pleased I am someone thought of this great idea! Well done lovely lacto-free people!

LFL

1 comment:

  1. Liking the blog in its early stages - has got me thinking I need to start one.

    ReplyDelete